Crucible welcomes new players, whether they’re completely new to the hobby of LARPing, or old hands at these games, looking to try something new. If you’re interested in playing, you’re very welcome to contact the ref team with any questions you might have.
These are the resources we think are most useful for new players.
- New To LARP? (players who have LARPed before can skip this step).
- New to Vampire? (players who have some familiarity with Vampire: the Requiem 2nd edition can skip this step. Players who have played earlier editions of Requiem, or Vampire: the Masquerade should probably review the pages in this section.)
- System Design. (This is about the design philosophy behind this game, and will probably tell experienced LARPers enough to work out if they’ll have fun at this game.)
- Setting. (This is about the fictional world the game takes place in.)
- Creating a character. (This covers what’s required in order to create a character).
- Uptime rules. (A brief explanation of the game rules, which can be summarised as “we use a web app on our phones, and we do what it tells us, so we don’t need to actually learn any complicated rules”.)
- Downtime rules. (A similar explanation for the actions that occur between game sessions.)
- Lastly, the Game Content, E&D and Safety pages are all required reading before you actually begin your first game.